Child Care Health Consultant Program
|List of Consultants||For Child Care Health Consultants Only||For Child Care Centers|
What is the Child Care Health Consultant Program?
- The Louisiana Child Care Health Consultant (CCHC) program is designed to assist Louisiana Child Care Centers to meet annual licensure requirements for education and training on Health and Safety topics.
- As required by the Bureau of Licensing, all Class A and Class B Child Care facilities must receive a total of 15 clock hours of education and training annually. For info on child care facility licensing click here.
The breakdown of these 15 required training hours is as follows:
- 3 hours annually come from the CCHC Program. Specifically, topics are on health and safety and must be provided by an approved Child Care Health Consultant. To find a consultant in your area click here.
- 12 hours annually come from the Department of Children and Family Services by an approved Pathways trainer (a partner of the Department of Children & Family Services). To find a Pathways trainer in your area click here.
- The CCHC Program is housed at the Louisiana Department of Health & Hospitals, Maternal and Child Health Program. Contact Info.
- The CCHC program trains health professionals to become a Child Care Health Consultant. For info on how to become a consultant click here
- A Child Care Health Consultant (CCHC) provides education and training to child care facilities to satisfy the 3 clock hour Health and Safety Training requirement. For a list of topics, fees and info on how to arrange a training click here.
Becoming a Child Care Health Consultant
- If you are a health professional interested in becoming a Child Care Health Consultant click here for information.